RTB: On the Rise
September 06, 2013
Programmatic Buying has seen rapid growth within the last two years. Here are just a few statistics detailing its ascent:
- eMarketer estimates that marketers will spend $3.34 billion on RTB ads this year — a 73.9% increase from last year.
- YieldMetrics (recently changed to Adomic), claims that 23% of online advertising among the top thousand advertisers is using RTB.
- RTB has been the fastest-growing segment of the online video advertising market — growing more than 100% from 2011 to 2012, and expected to grow more than 70% in 2013, according to Forrester.
- After changing their position on RTB, USA Today was quoted as saying “The number of programmatic holdouts is dwindling. The reality of the market is money is moving to automated ad buying, and publishers need to adapt. Staunch opponents of programmatic buying and ad networks, like ESPN, Gawker and the Wall Street Journal all have adapted their strategies to some degree”
- According to Kellogg’s, some brands have seen their digital media ROIs increase 6 times while using programmatic buying.