Mobile Video is Happening
November 01, 2013
- According to research from video analytics firm Ooyala, roughly 13% of all digital video plays now come from mobile devices—up 41% from 1H 2013
- Adap.TV finds that, in 2013, brands upped video ad budgets by 65% from 2012. 86% of brands and 91% of agencies expect to spend more on video ads next year.
- In 2013, US mobile video will account for $520M, 13% of the digital video ad market, per Business Insider.
- Google reports that 40% of YouTube traffic is mobile. (The number was 25% in 2012, 6% in 2011.)
- Back in August, comScore found that the percentage of EU5 (Spain, Germany, Italy, France and UK) smartphone users that watched a video or TV via their device, at least once in a month, has increased 112% over the past year—to 52.8M users/ 34.8% of the EU5 audience