TV and video convergence update
October 23, 2013
A few news items from the world of video convergence over the past week:
- According to comScore September data, AOL passed Google as the company serving the most online video ads in the US—with 3.72 billion videos ads to reach 50% of U.S. online video viewers, compared to Google’s 3.24 billion and 36% population span. That’s largely thanks to AOL’s acquisition of video advertising technology provider Adap.tv.
- Facebook will now support video ads in its mobile ad units.
- Netflix’ subscriber base (29.9 million in the US) is now bigger than HBO (28.7 million).
- Apple seems to be preparing a new 65-inch TV for 2014.
- Video monetization platform LiveRail has introduced pod management into RTB video—ensuring that the same ad will not show up repeatedly in the same commercial break and rival brands don’t bump against each other within a session.