Programmatic Buying- Here to Stay, and Getting Bigger
Programmatic Buying is here to stay and the reason is clear: Advertisers want to buy audiences, not just inventory. Programmatic Buying gives them the technology they need to do just that, while saving them money and producing big results.
New research from Adap.tv and Digiday has come out with some statistics on just how critical programmatic buying has become:
- Video inventory purchases through exchanges and demand-side platforms tripled during 2012 in the U.S.
- 19% of brand advertisers are employing trading desks to pick up inventory
- Programmatic Buying has grown by 20% in the past 6 months.
- 65% of publishers surveyed are selling their inventory through ad networks, a jump from only 47% in the first quarter.
- 51% of publishers surveyed are direct-selling video inventory, a big drop from 85% in the first quarter.
- Eighty-one percent of the advertisers surveyed are buying video through ad networks, up from 61% in the first quarter.
If these numbers are any indication of future trends, we can safely assume that Programmatic Buying won’t be slowing down any time soon.
Real-Time Bidding is a highly efficient way to buy inventory — it allows advertisers to target individual consumers with ads geared specifically towards them, and does so with incredible speed and precision. Utilizing Big Data and implementing sophisticated algorithms, RTB provides greater overall value.