Privacy notice: California job applicants
Privacy notice to California job applicants regarding the collection of personal information
Effective as of 23 March 2021
Contact Information: Mediaocean LLC, 120 Broadway, New York, NY 10271, United States
MEDIAOCEAN LLC and its operating groups, subsidiaries and affiliates (“the Company”), are committed to protecting the privacy and security of personal information of its current and former employees (“Employees”) and their emergency contacts and beneficiaries. The Company collects personal information of Employees and their emergency contacts and beneficiaries in connection with its human resources activities. The Company does not sell or otherwise disclose this personal information for monetary consideration or a business purpose to any third parties.
The Company is committed to complying with the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) effective January 1, 2020; and all data privacy and laws in the jurisdictions in which it employs employees.
What categories of job applicant information do we collect and how do we use this information?
We collect the following categories of personal information for the purposes described below:
- Name and contact information;
- Job preference and work availability;
- Social Security Number and/or other identification information;
- Education and qualifications;
- Employment history and experience;
- Military service;
- Reference and background check information, including relevant criminal history and credit history;
- Social media information that you allow us to access from a social networking profile that you make available to us as part of your job application. When we collect information from social media companies, they may provide us with your name and/or an identifier that the social media company has assigned to your account. We will only use this information in connection with your application process.
- Pre-employment test results;
- Post-offer medical examination information and results, including drug test results;
- Voluntary self-disclosure information regarding minority, veteran, and disability status; and
- Information provided by you during the hiring process.
The Company collects this information to hire the best qualified applicants and to comply with applicable employment laws.