Mediaocean cookies policy
(Effective as of 1 November 2022)
Cookies on our corporate website and support sites
Cookies are small files that a website or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive, tablet or mobile device through your web browser. They allow the website operator or service provider to recognize your browser and collect certain information such as preferences. For more information please see http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Categories of Cookies on our website and support sites
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are essential for our website to function.
- Preference and Functionality Cookies. These cookies enable our website to remember information about your preferences such as your selected language.
- Analytics Cookies. These cookies help us understand how visitors interact with our website by collecting and reporting information about your visit, including the pages viewed and time spent on the website.
- Advertising and Marketing Cookies. These cookies are used to remember a visitor to our website in order to display ads that are relevant and engaging to you on other websites, as well as limit the number of times you see an advertisement. These cookies also help us measure our advertising or email marketing campaigns’ effectiveness. You can learn more about how to opt out of these cookie uses below.
How to opt out of our cookie use
You can opt out of cookie use in the following ways:
- Through your browser. You can adjust your browser settings so that your browser blocks all or some cookies. You can also delete cookies that have already been placed. Please note that our website or Services may not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, such as “do not track” instructions.
- Through an industry-wide opt out mechanism. Individuals can submit an industry-wide opt out request for interest-based advertising through the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) opt out website which can be found at optout.aboutads.info.
- Through our cookies widget. You can use the Cookies widget in the bottom left hand corner to allow or disable non-essential cookies:
- to save your user credentials, if you’ve opted to have the web site store your user details so that you don’t have to log in every time you visit the site;
- to track your user details while you visit the site, so that we can show you information that’s relevant to you, your job and your interests; and
- to analyze trends, to administer the website, to track users’ movements around the website and to gather demographic information about our user-base as a whole.
We may share information with our social media partners, such as LinkedIn, in order to assess the effectiveness of our outreach campaigns. Please note that this could be viewed as a “sale” of your information under the CCPA/CPRA. Any such cookies will be listed under “Optional cookies” in the Cookies widget. We won’t share your information with our partners without your explicit consent.
Cookies in our hosted web applications
Our web facing solutions will place essential cookies on user devices. These cookies are used to manage your session and permissions, to ensure that you only see the data you are authorized to access, and to help us collect information about your usage of the system which our engineers require in order to provide trouble shooting services in the event that you run into a problem.
These cookies may be placed either by the Mediaocean solutions themselves, or else by the service providers we use in order to:
- manage the usage logs we collect
- provide notifications to you about system status and releases
- enable you to contact our Customer Experience team directly from within the application via an on-line chat
Please see our Privacy notice for more information about how we work with these service providers.
Because we can’t provide our contracted services to you without placing these cookies, we don’t give you the option to disable them.
844 935 0889
New York, NY 10271