Effective as of 1 April 2021
Contact Information: Mediaocean LLC 120 Broadway, New York, NY 10271, United States; InfoSec&Compliance@mediaocean.com
Information we collect about you
We may collect and process your name, your email address and other business contact details, and we may ask you a few questions about the company you work for. We retain details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access. We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration.
We do not collect Sensitive Information about you.
We may get these details from:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on www.mediaocean.com (our website), or by emailing us directly, or through social media (LinkedIN, Twitter etc)
- Information that we collect from you in person, at industry events, conferences etc.
We will use this information in order to provide you with information about our systems and services. Where you have initiated the contact with us, you are consenting to our collecting and storing your information for this purpose; but all our emails to you will give the option to opt out of further correspondence.
We will obtain your consent before using your Personal Information for a purpose that is incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected.
How we store, share and protect your information
Personal Information collected from prospective clients will be stored in the USA, and may be transferred to or accessed from any other countries where Mediaocean group companies have offices. Data transfer agreements (including the EU model clauses) have been put in place with other Mediaocean entities within the group to ensure protection of Personal Information in line with European data protection requirements.
If you contact us to enquire about our solution for closed ecosystems (previously known as Scope), and we determine that you may benefit from assistance from our managed services partner Jellyfish, then we will share your details with this partner.
As a matter of routine business we will only use your information for the purposes we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason compatible with the original purpose. We will normally obtain your consent before disclosing Personal Information to a Third Party (other than disclosure to an agent or contractor processing the data solely on our behalf, or disclosure permitted or required by law).
We retain your Personal Information in accordance with Mediaocean’s Data and Document Retention Policies. These policies define retention rules based on the nature of the information and the purpose for which it is required. We destroy or dispose of all Personal Information securely when it is no longer needed.
Your rights under this Policy
You have the right to ask us for confirmation of whether or not we hold any Personal Information about you. You may ask us about the purpose for which we hold the information, who we share it with and the criteria we use to determine how long to retain it. If your Personal Information is being held abroad, you can ask us how we’ve made sure that it will safeguarded. You may also ask us to provide you with a copy of your Personal Information that we hold, subject to confirmation of your identity (as long as this does not adversely affect the rights & freedoms of any other individuals). We will not charge you for providing this information, though we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs if the request is excessive, unfounded or repetitive.
- If you determine that the Personal Information we hold about you is incorrect, you have the right to ask us to correct the data we hold.
- You have the right to opt-out of any use of your Personal Information for marketing purposes by contacting us or by unsubscribing using the link provided at the bottom of our emails.
- You have a right, on certain grounds, to object to the processing of your Personal Information; you may also, on certain grounds, request erasure or restriction on processing of Personal Information. For more information about how to do this, please see the section on Enquiries and complaints below.
- If you are not happy with the way that we have responded to a complaint, or with the way we are processing your Personal Information, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the relevant Supervisory Authority for your jurisdiction.
Children under the Age of 13
Our websites and services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any Personal Information to or on the website. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this website or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at Infosec&Compliance@mediaocean.com.
For residents of California who have questions about how Mediaocean handles your personal information with regard to the California Consumer Privacy Act, you can call our toll-free number, 844 935 0889.
We will cooperate with the relevant local Supervisory Authority, and any other relevant state agencies, and law enforcement and judicial authorities in investigating any privacy complaints or suspected violations of privacy laws or Mediaocean’s privacy commitments, as well as in rectifying any noncompliant practices. Employees or contractors who violate the terms of these principles may be subject to disciplinary consequences up to and including termination of employment or termination or non-renewal of contract, in addition to any other legal measures that may be taken by Mediaocean, its clients, or the affected individuals and their representatives.
- Personal Information is any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier, regardless of the medium or format in which the information is stored.
- Sensitive Information consists of Special Categories of Personal Data as defined by the EU General Data Protection Regulation, that is, information about racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, genetic or biometric data, health information, or sex life/orientation.
- A Third Party is an entity or person other than you, Mediaocean or its clients.
- A Supervisory Authority is an independent public authority which is established by the UK or by an EU Member State in order to monitor the application of EU Data Protection law, or similar public authorities in other jurisdictions who have oversight of compliance with privacy law.